Thursday 5 July 2012

The Seven Advices of Mevlana

One of my favourite places to visit in Turkey is the Mevlâna museum in Konya. It is a very spiritual and peaceful place.

The Mevlâna museum, located in Konya, Turkey, is the mausoleum of Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi, a Sufi mystic also known as Mevlâna or Rumi. It was also the dervish lodge (tekke) of the Mevlevi order, better known as the whirling dervishes. (Wikipedia)

On my road back to myself I often thought of these seven "advices" or "lectures" that I believe should be a part of all our lives. I don't always manage to stick to them but I do try.


1-In generosity and helping others be like a river.
2-In compassion and grace be like sun.
3-In concealing others' faults be like night.
4-In anger and fury be like dead.
5-In modesty and humility be like earth.
6-In tolerance be like a sea.
7-Either exist as you are or be as you look

1 comment:

Natalie said...

If you go to Istanbul, there is an old lodge for the sufis, just off Istikal avenue. Quite moving and they also have a show of the whirling dervishes. You do not have to be religious to follow and apply the words.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...